Who can use the service
Home Options Newport is open to anyone over the age of 16 who wishes to register their need for housing. You should apply to go onto the Housing Register if:
- you wish to rent a Housing Association property in Newport
- you are already a Housing Association tenant and wish to move
- you are interested in help with purchasing a home under the Low Cost Home Ownership Scheme
- you are looking for private rented accommodation
- you are generally looking for alternative accommodation
Who cannot use the service
You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application form and been accepted onto the housing register.
Although anyone aged 16 or over can apply to be added to the Home Options Newport scheme, you may be refused if you:
- are subject to immigration control
- are not classed as being habitually resident in the United Kingdom
- are considered to be guilty of unacceptable behaviour serious enough to make you unsuitable to be a tenant
- have former or current tenancy debts and these debts are serious enough to make you unsuitable to be a tenant
- have deliberately worsened your circumstances in order to attempt to obtain accommodation
In the event of you not being included on the Home Options Newport scheme, you will be notified in writing of the reason(s) why and will have the right to request a review of the decision.